CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

She Said Yes!!


It was Tuesday night and it seemed like any ordinary Tuesday night (although looking back there were signs showing me otherwise).  Mom told me earlier in the week that Gepher had agreed to speak at devo and Meredith wanted to Skype in to hear him.  I found Meredith wanting to hear him a little odd considering the time difference; however, sweet and supportive which is what she has been to me lately.

That afternoon I popped my head in the room where Gepher was working on his lesson. He turned and looked at me from the desk and quickly said, "You can't come in here".  I thought, "What do you mean I can't come in here?"  He was dripping in sweat and obviously very nervous.  I didn't understand how he could be that nervous about devo (since he'd just spoken the week before with Raymond).  I told him I was not coming in but instead just making sure he was ready and didn't need anything.  He smiled the smile that melts my heart and went back to working.

People begin showing up at the house for devo.  Josh gets up to lead singing but there was no sign of Gepher.  I'm now beginning to wonder where he could be.  He's supposed to speak at devo, yet devo is starting and we have no speaker.  Finally I see him walking down the steps as Josh is leading the second or third song.  Then I get a text on my phone.  The text tells me to go up to the bedroom where he was and bring down what's in there.  At this point I'm real confused.  I text back asking am I to leave devo and get it?  He never responds back.

Gepher begins speaking on a topic that makes me remember just how God brought us together.  I immediately begin to wonder if he's about to use us as an object lesson.  I become a little nervous, unsure of what he's about to say or do.  I thought "surely he won't use us as an object lesson without warning me first?"  The lesson comes to an end and I begin to breathe a sigh of relief because he didn't use us as the object lesson.

What happens next is something I will never forget.  Gepher tells the group what he's about to do is very personal.  He begins to talk about how God intervened in his life and about that moment puts his hand deep into his pocket.  He takes a step to where I'm sitting and now I know he's up to something.  He drops down and asks me, "Will you spend the rest of your life with me?"  I immediately say "YES"!!  He then realizes he wasn't on one knee so he drops down to slip the ring onto my finger.

   

There were cheers coming from all over the room (and around the world).  Filipino culture doesn't always propose with a ring so I never dreamed Gepher would give me a ring.  We had been very private about our relationship and what God had been doing in our life, so I never imagined Gepher proclaiming his love to me in front of all our friends and family.  I'm so glad Gepher proposed with friends and family to witness.  It was the perfect time and place for us to declare our love for one another, our excitement for the future, and our thankfulness to God for what He is doing for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment